Join the Team at Prospect Meadows
Prospect Meadows is looking for talented individuals to join the team! We offer a variety of ways to get involved. This page will be updated often as opportunities become available. See what interests you to get involved and join the team at Prospect Meadows!
We are always looking for talented individuals to help make Prospect Meadows the best sports complex in the Midwest. Check below for any opportunities we currently have available.
If you're in college and looking for an internship in the sports industry, Prospect Meadows could be the place for you! Check out the internships available for 2019.
Prospect Meadows offers volunteer opportunities for individuals looking to make a difference. The Miracle League at Prospect Meadows is looking for volunteers to help during game days.
Grounds/Sports Turf Manager -
To advance the mission, vision, values and strategic initiatives of Prospect Meadows
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Under minimal supervision, the Grounds/Sportsturf Manager will be responsible for operations with-in maintenance, installation and supervision of all complex property. Will be responsible for complex related property, infrastructure & equipment.
- Coordinate routine and non-routine seasonal maintenance for the complexes trees, shrubs, perennials, annuals, turfgrass and native habitat.
- Manage all athletic and recreational turf areas
- Monitor and maintain complex irrigation systems
- Manage the upkeep in complex structures and systems.
- Manage complex janitorial responsibilities
- Supervise, evaluate, hire, train and schedule full-time & part-time personnel
- Coordinate and manage on-site contractors
- Monitor all equipment inventory, utilization, replacement cycles, maintenance and repairs.
- Maintain compliance in record keeping and required training.
- Assist user groups with complex activities
- Manage and maintain hard surface areas of the complex (parking lots, roads, sidewalks, ADA)
- Maintain exterior signage and banners
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
- Must be a self-motivated, energetic, and creative individual with proven leadership, planning and supervisory skills.
- Ability to safely operate, maintain and detect defects in equipment and make minor repairs or adjustments.
- Able to problem solve in the absence of direct supervision and remain patient and calm in high stress situations and emergencies.
- Assume responsibility; deal effectively with problems, and exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
- Thorough knowledge of policies and procedures with the ability to understand and interpret clearly and accurately.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with board of directors and general public.
- Read, understand and express oneself clearly and effectively in both written and oral communications
- Attention to detail and an ability to multitask in completing complex tasks with accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively and accurately in an atmosphere with frequent interruptions.
- Maintain a high degree of flexibility.
- Possess proficient computer skills.
- Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
GENERAL PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES WITH OR WITHOUT A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
Medium to Heavy work. Position involves exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally (10-33%); up to 20 pounds frequently (34-66%); and up to 10 pounds constantly (67-100%) to move objects. Physically able to perform routine stooping, bending, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting and grasping constantly (67-100%). Occasional (10-33%) kneeling and crawling. Work activities occur most frequently (34-66%) outside and occasionally (10-33%) inside.
Subject to extreme heat (temperatures above 90 degrees for periods of more than an hour; and extreme cold (temperatures below 32 degrees for periods of more than one hour)
Potentially subject to biohazardous waste; chemical waste; moving mechanical parts; electrical current; working on scaffolding and high places up to 25 feet; atmospheric conditions that may affect the respiratory system or the skin; fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation; noise; and vibration.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years of grounds related experience
- Associates degree in a related field
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 5-7 years of grounds related experiences
- Iowa Core and Category Pesticide Licenses
Max of $2,500.00 per year towards health insurance